Monday 9 August 2010

Ins & Outs

IN:


- Burberry Sport for Women
My new favourite scent, not as sweet and fruity as I normally wear, but I find it a unique vanilla musky scent that's very womanly. I am still eagerly waiting the Lanvin Marry Me to hit shops though!

- Inception
Leo Di' Caprio does it again! As a secret die hard fan of his, I have to say I loved it. Although perhaps the hype is a teensy bit exaggerated (I preferred Shutter Island), this is definately a go see.


- FitFlops
I see them everywhere! And although they may not be super trendy, I think I may have to jump on this bandwagon, in terms of exercise, every little helps!

- Abercrombie Jeans
I went to the Abercrombie and Fitch in London for the first (and last) time yesterday in the search for some new denim. I bought two pairs that fit a treat, but spent a total of 3 hours in there! No, these were not 3 hours of leisurely browsing, but 3 hours of my life were wasted queuing...in the dark...surrounded by teens and their understandably impatient parents. Perhaps this should go in the Out section no? But anyway the jeans were great, shop - not so much.

- Jordan's Crunchy Oats with Fruit and Nuts
My new breakfast staple. Mornings would not be bearable without this. A league ahead of Special K or dare I say Crunchy Nut. Not only is it wonderfully delicious, but nutritious fibre packed oats, raisins, almonds and macadamia nuts will keep you going all the way to lunchtime.




- My new boots!!

I went to Camden Market last weekend and purchased these babies. I think they will take me into Autumn/Winter quite nicely. Also great for punking up an outfit when it gets too girly, I'm thinking floral dresses or wearing it simple with jeans and a white T.




OUT:


- Commuting
At best the tube is a tedious bore in the morning, but I have to say, the icing on the cake is a  late service, sardine-packed with office go-ers eager to get home, and a stinky armit next to your nose as you try and read the ES. Yummy.

- Trainers with office-wear
Admittedly, Fitflops aren't the most aesthetically pleasing items of footwear. However to be fair to them, they come in black, brown and even metallics in an attempt at camouflage. However only so far can tolerance be pushed. Sports trainers and pinstripes?  The criminal combo is the thing to do in New York, and slowly I see the trend creeping into London, but there is just something about it that offends me. There is a fine line between convenience and laziness people!

- August?! Already?!
Cooler evenings are marking the gradual departure of the summer, I can't believe it's almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment