Thursday 24 June 2010

Embracing Nudity!

I have been naked for the past 13 days. Stripped, bare, and gloriously liberated.
Now before I ruffle your feathers, by naked I mean foundation free. During these summer months, a full face of makeup seems somewhat theatrical, so I have opted to skip it all together and embrace my naked skin. The first four days were absolute hell; pasty, patchy and spotty I would gingerly brave the outside world. But I have to confess after the first hurdle my skin seems to have taken a great turn for the better.
Exposed to sunlight, the colour and tone of it has evened out, while due to an absence of product build up my complexion has considerably cleared up too, meaning that I no longer feel a need for foundation.
This is not to say that I have abandoned my loyal eye make-up, but I find a few dibbles of concealer here and there are all I need to put my face on everyday, and if that doesnt do it; a few swishes of bronzer don't go amiss too. And it suits my sleep in just fine.

So go ahead, give nakedness a shot. It really isn't as bad as it seems, well, prepare yourself for the pain barrier of the first four days...but once the worst is over and done with, fresh skin for the summer is quite a nice feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment